Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Moo moo wine bar & grill, broadbeach

So I was a little disappointed when I booked that I could either come at 5:30 or 8:30 but the lunchtime staff was confident I could turn up at 8 as people don't usually stay for 2.5 hours. So I arrived at 8:15 and the guy told me I was 20 mins early, so I came back after 20 minutes feeling a little over it but got a warm reception with the offer of sitting outside under a heater or waiting a few minutes and sitting inside. I wasn't fussed so got seated outside under a very toasty heater. Good choice as it was packed and noisy inside. I'm not sure why I didn't figure people from my conference wouldn't try coming here too!

The staff took my water order and left me with my 20 page drinks menu and food menu. My waitress came to take my drinks order and to explain the food menu after confirming that I hadn't been here before. She also brought me a chef's special starter of wagyu beef.

She picked me as a tenderloin eater, pointing out the two selections on the menu, with her personal recommendation of the Tasmanian 200g tenderloin. So I went with that with mushroom sauce. She suggested 1-2 sides so I picked the wagyu fat cooked potatoes with rosemary & thyme.  I also ordered a cab merlot cab franc from wa. I was a little nervous when she put the freshly opened bottle down on my table but thankfully she was just resting it there.  Though I did check!

My steak was perfect. I learnt to order it medium with no blood from rockpool and that seemed to do the trick tonight too. The steak came with a whole head of garlic and my mushroom sauce.  The potatoes were yummy too but too much for me to get through.

I also ordered the raspberry souffle for dessert, just to get the full experience! It came with a raspberry macaroon with chocolate filling, vanilla bean sauce, raspberry sorbet and a strawberry. OMG so good!

I also felt compelled to try the broadbeach bull fighter cocktail, which doesn't bode well for me getting up tomorrow morning for an early morning run. Tasty but I'm so full!

Great service and great food. Highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment